Concrete Entryway IdeasLast Updated: 02/11/2023
Concrete is a versatile material that is both functional and classic, making it a superior choice for entryways in both residential and commercial properties. This versatile material offers ample opportunities for creativity and customization, allowing you to create a truly unique and memorable entrance for your home or business. Furthermore, upgrading the front entrance of your property can greatly enhance its aesthetic appeal and add value to your investment.
To help you get started with your entryway renovation project, here are five concrete-based ideas to consider:
- Retaining Wall with Steps: A retaining wall is a practical solution for sloped front yards as it helps to keep soil and plants in place. It also prevents dirt from sliding onto the sidewalk or street, especially during rainy weather. This type of entryway looks great with a variety of concrete styles and finishes. For example, a smooth sand finish complements lush greenery and rich soil nicely. Adding concrete planters to your retaining wall is also a great way to showcase your plants.
- Steps with a Brick or Stone Look: Stamped concrete can be made to resemble various surfaces, often with intricate textures and details. A stone pattern is elegant and simple, making it a great option for traditional homes and businesses. A brick-like stamp is a timeless and popular choice that adds a warm and inviting feel to your entryway.
- Concrete Walkways: For entryways located at ground level, a winding path or walkway can be a great solution. This not only adds aesthetic appeal but also creates a starting point for landscaping with rocks, plants, lighting, and more.
- Steps with LED Lighting: Poor lighting can be a safety issue, especially if your home or business tends to be dim at night. Installing LED lights in your entryway steps can be a great way to improve visibility and add a touch of style.
- Cantilever Steps: Cantilever steps are anchored at just one end, giving them a floating appearance. To create a unique entryway, consider adding cantilever edges to your steps. You can also incorporate under-mount lighting to further enhance the design.